What is the Garrison Mill Elementary PTA?
GMPTA is comprised of parents, students, relatives, teachers, staff, community and friends who promote and support the academic, social and personal growth of our students. We provide a variety of teacher and staff support, student curriculum enrichment, programs that encourage awareness and education, as well as the events that have come to define the culture of our school. Your membership contribution goes a long way in financially supporting the programs/events for our students!
How does my membership to GMPTA support my student?
The funds from your memberships directly support programs:
- AR (Accelerated Reader) Testing Program
- Weekly Readers for All Grades
- Story Works Magazines, Boy's Life Magazine & Discovery Girls Magazine for 3rd Grade
- Vocabulary & Math Workbooks
- Teacher-selected materials for Speech Therapy
- Teacher Allotments, which includes reimbursement for classroom supplies
- purchased by teachers out of their own pocket
- Assignment Books (Agendas) for all 3-5th grade students
- Media Center Paper and Laminating Supplies
- Music Department, including special performances & workshops
- Cafe GM, the monthly treat for our students
- Red Ribbon Week
- PE Equipment
- 3rd Grade field trip to Seussical the Musical
- Visiting artists & programs from Storyteller Joanna Maddox & Drummer Dave Holland
- Garrison Mill Beautification, including maintaining and sprucing up the school grounds
What other benefits come with a GMPTA Membership?
Your paid PTSA membership qualifies you for additional coupons/discounts through the East Cobb PTA. Please see the attached for more information on those benefits.
Click here for a listing of the East Cobb PTA Member Benefits (includes discounts to many local businesses for PTSA members)